In cooperation between Women and Memory Forum and the American University in Cairo, an intensive course on readings from historical and exegetical texts from a feminist perspective will be held by Dr. Omima Abu Bakr and Dr. Huda Elsaadi between 10 and 11 January 2018 (from 10 A.M. to 3:30 P.M).
The last day to apply is 31 December 2017.
- Reading and analysis of selected texts and historical documents from a perspective that takes into account the historical, social and cultural composition of gender.
- Analysis of the image of women present in historical sources.
- Analysis of the diversity of types and levels of the different types of texts and historical documents, reflected in an understanding of the issues of gender and women in the past and the present.
- Discussing historical issues: the circumstances of the production of historical texts, and how these texts are influenced both by social and political circumstances, and by the historian’s voice.
- Identifying the problem of superficial misappropriation of history and heritage against women’s rights.
To register for the course, please fill out the form at the following link: https://goo.gl/hzSSLs
NOTE: The readings, facilitation, and discussion with be in Arabic
Location: WMF Headquarters, 12 Soliman Abaza St, El Doqqi